Sunday, 21 July 2013



Spinning my Spiral


A spiral is a moving point travelling up or down around a fixed center.  Spiral also combines the words spirit and practical using the letter r to link.  Spinning the spiral requires altering the point or the center or both.

I am a 61 year old woman. Life has happened.  Children have moved on. Living conditions have changed.  There is nothing unusual about that. What is unusual, for me, is that this time I am going to take charge of the changes that are going to happen.

Standard question to anyone trying to determine what they want to do – what would you do if money was no object? Of course, if you don’t have money, it is the object.  In the spirit of the question, my answer has always been to unite the spiritual and practical.  Since each individual is unique and has their own conditions of life, the way you choose to unite the spiritual and physical is specific to the person.

This blog will be about my journey.  For the last four decades my fixed center has been my family; my husband and two children extending outward to our parents and siblings as necessary.  I have been the moving point running, sometimes somewhat wildly, between and around them to satisfy the needs of the moment.  I enjoyed it immensely.

Now most of that center has moved on to create their own dance. My husband is spending most of his time working elsewhere.  My hopes are that at the end of this journey, I will be standing still at the fixed center.  The moving point will be both my links with people and the link that I forge between the spirit and the physical.  R after all can also be spelled are and our.  I believe both spellings are implied and necessary.

This is not a “Do your own thing” blog.  It is a blog about discovering new relationships.  My spiral has already begun its spin. Is yours ready to?

My first step is to stop looking in at my family, trying to decipher ahead of time what I will be needed for next.  If you have a family you already know that idea was doomed to failure.  Apparently, the people in my family (and probably yours) liked being spontaneous and didn’t like people understanding them too well. Mysterious is good.
                                           
Now I am going to look out. Kindergarten 101.  If you want to connect with someone you must walk up to them and then, horrors of horrors, you must speak.  Apparently I did okay in Kindergarten, it was when I moved at the age of seven that I failed.  Luckily the world moved on.  Today I have a way of easing back into the process.  That easing is this blog.  I can express myself without the fear of seeing rejection.  I can wave and say hi, I’m here.  You also have the same choice. Sometimes the technology works.

Hi there!

See you again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment